Monday, December 27, 2010

Okay so today is one of the rare days when I feel nostalgic and just.. Sad. So much has changed in a year and if you told me a year ago that things would turn out this way at the end of the year, I wouldn't have believed it. I guess that's my problem.. I am naive and I live too much in the moment, so much so that I am easily blinded by emotions that cloud my judgment. I believe that people in my life are ever constant. But that's not how life is isn't it - people change and circumstances change, whether we like it or not. That's why friends drift apart, couples break up and loved ones pass away. Sad as it is, life is never dull or stagnant. Life is exciting and full or surprises. I have tried so hard to forget about the bad things that have happened this year. But sometimes when I have nothing else to do or to occupy myself with, I find myself thinking of happier memories, when I was so innocently happy and contented with simple things.

I turned 21 in November this year. If I dare say so, I am much wiser, stronger and less naive as before. And even though 2010 hasn't always been pleasant, I am thankful for the memories- both good and bad. I am an adult now, in so many ways.

Here's to hoping that 2011 will be a better year.
<3


I'll always look back
As I walk away
This memory
Will last for eternity
And all of our tears
Will be lost in the rain
When I've found my way
Back to your arms again
But until that day

You know you will always have
A special place in my heart

No comments: