1) I stay very near school (a mere 20 min bus drive as a matter of fact)
2) I have to move in on Monday which is really, a very awkward timing.
3) I have no friends in Sheares Hall.
It really got me thinking though. Am I too used to the familiarity of family, home and being around my friends? Maybe I'm not ready to leave my comfort zone just yet. "Home is where the heart is". After all, we're in Singapore and if I really want to experience "independent living", I should just go overseas right? Which brings me to my next point - I'm going to Japan in December! I absolutely cannot wait :-) Harajuku girls, bento sets, great shopping, awesome weather, white snow, freshly sliced sashimi = Heaven.





Another reason why I'm looking forward to December - Christmas! Even though I don't celebrate Christmas, it's still very much a pleasure and joy walking around the streets of Orchard Road at night and just immersing yourself in the Christmas festivities, looking up at the Christmas bright lights and reminding yourself again that this is such, the wonder of life. That we are able to be so fortunate as to open our eyes every morning and be thankful for the everyday pleasures that we are able to enjoy and experience.
So, I cannot wait for the darn exams to end. Two more weeks and the dreaded exams are over. Then it'll be party, shop, fun fun fun all the way.
And it really doesn't matter how many friends you have because all that matters are the people who count. Really, you could have 2000 friends but those 2000 friends could be just fair-weather friends. So too bad honey, you're back at square one.
No comments:
Post a Comment