I have many things in my life to be thankful for. I have a (sometimes) loving family and many great friends whom I can count on. I do not have to worry about where my next meal is going to come from and most of all, I am loved by my family and my friends. I am a very lucky girl. God knows how the poverty stricken people in other countries are suffering. So yes, I should learn to count my blessings.
So much has changed in this two and a half years. I was foolish and giddy in love, I believed that forever then meant forever and ever. What did I know? I was barely 17 years old. What did I know about "forever"? Now, I find myself disillusioned and disenchanted. Nothing in life comes without a struggle. But at the end of it all, you do emerge a stronger and wiser person. Looking back now, no doubt, I wish I could have done some things differently. But here I am, forcing myself to look to the future, focused and determined not to make the same damn mistakes again.
"Sophia, chin up chin up."
If anyone could make me a better person, you could.
Saturday, August 02, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment